Saturday, July 14, 2007

Tales of an addicted Letterboxer

Let's see where to begin. Yesterday was Friday the 13th and surprisingly nothing awful happened. I went with Shoebee and his friend to go play tennis. (No I was NOT playing tennis, running and sweating are 2 things I'm not fond of.) I had other ideas. I packed 2 blank letterboxes. For anyone who doesn't know what I mean, here it is. An empty Lock n lock, blank homemade logbook, ziploc bag, and a blank chunk of rubber. I also had the makings for a mini box too. So after finding the perfect hiding spot, I sat down to carve my stamps. I think I did ok, but we'll see when I start getting reports. If your interested in finding it, here's the link.
http://www.atlasquest.com/lboxes/showboxinfo.html?gBoxId=47474
I also stamped about a zillion plbs. I sent out a bunch of them too. I'll list them on the AQ postal board when I figure out which ones I sent this morning.

Today was great. We went letterboxing. We found all 3 boxes we looked for. In fact we had so much fun that I planted a box while we were there. Here's the link if you're interested.
http://www.atlasquest.com/lboxes/clue/index.html?gBoxId=47551
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that we went to Willard Brook State Forest. So far out of all the state parks I've been to, this one I think is the prettiest. We had a picnic lunch, and then my family sat around and waited while I carved and planted my stamp. After stamp planting, we finally let the kids go swimming. Luckily they only wanted to swim for a little bit cuz the misquitos were a killer.

At the moment I'm trying to catch up on plbs, tlbs, and vlbs. Maybe I'll just go read the boards. I'll do the paperwork later. Thanks for reading.

-HG

No comments: